Research Analyst, Action Center on Race and the Economy
The Action Center on Race and the Economy (ACRE) drives campaigns that seek to win structural change by directly taking on the financial elite responsible for pillaging communities of color and working class communities and harming our environment. Through partnerships with organizations involved in local racial, economic, environmental and educational justice campaigns, we provide strategic campaign coordination and campaign infrastructure with an explicit racial justice analysis.
The Research Analyst will report to the Research Director and will work closely with ACRE staff and with partner organizations.
· Conduct research that supports ACRE's campaign goals and policy solutions
· Work with local partners to do research and to develop materials to support local campaigns
· Manage meetings and events, including event preparation, set-up and post-event debriefs
· Balance multiple projects simultaneously
· Contribute creatively to a forward-thinking team
· Speak on behalf of ACRE at public meetings, to press, and to elected officials, when asked
- Help design and deliver trainings
· A strong commitment to progressive social change and racial justice, a familiarity with the issues that are central to ACRE’s work and a passion for ACRE’s vision and mission
· Excellent research, writing, and editing skills
- Proficiency in Internet-based research, word processing, spreadsheet programs and database design and management
- Ability to read, understand, analyze and explain complex financial documents
- Strong critical thinking skills and ability to think creatively and innovatively.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in politically sensitive and high-pressure environments
- Demonstrated commitment to community and/or labor organizing and experience working with women and communities of color for social change
- Effective time management skills, including prioritizing and managing multiple tasks, with light supervision
· A keen sense of detail and organization, including the ability to comb through dense documents and identify what is useful and relevant
- Willingness to work long and irregular hours and travel as needed
- A good sense of humor
LGBTQ, women and people of color strongly encouraged to apply. Compensation is commensurate with experience. Position includes excellent benefits. This position will be based in Chicago. To apply please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and write “Research Analyst” in the subject line.